I hope you had a nice weekend and early start to your week! It was a long weekend for us so that was good! I’d like to thank you all for still joining me on this blog journey! I’m grateful and blessed to have you all still here.. I also wanted to let you know before we go into discussion that beginning this week until the end of August, I will be blogging on Fridays only. So we’ll call them ” Belle’s Summer Fun Friday’s.” Then come September I’ll be back on a fuller blog schedule. So thank you again for being here, and let’s jump right into it.
Summer is a time for fun, reflection, volunteering, swimming, eating ice cream ECTS , but as a parent, you’re always thinking safety first! Most pools, movies, beaches, and even backyards aren’t Summer kid or adult proof, so today I’d like to end my countdown to Summer by giving you tips and facts to stay safe in Summer! So let’s Beat the heat, and be prepared.
Just some things our family does :
- Always drink water
- If it’s high humidity unless you or your kids have to be, avoid being outside for long
- Give yourself enough time in the day to not have to rush. Rushing in the heat can cause fainting, dizziness, and or worse
- If your area allows sunscreen use it
- For warm days dress light and in cotton for you and the family
- Wear shoes that are comfortable and have traction
- Always pack snacks
- If you like fruit pack fruit or veggies that contain water like celery, carrots, grapes, and or apples
- If you’re like me and you have younger kids, make sure you always have food, snacks, hats, sunscreen
- Be aware of plants, trees, bugs, and animals that contain poison in your area
- If you or a loved one have an allergic reaction to a bug bite or have any uncommon reaction when outside, seek medical help immediately
- Take water safety seriously
- Know your fire safety when at a bonfire and roasting your marshmallows
- Seek shade
- Give your body ample rest
So all in all my friends keep your children, and yourself safe, and be smart in Summer!
I wish for you all to enjoy Summer and be prepared for its weather.
See you on Friday