Hi everyone and happy Wednesday!
As Halloween approaches, I would like to share with you some fun facts about Halloween, and safe tips for pumpkin carving.
🍭 Facts 🍬 about 🍫 Halloween :
- Halloween actually began around 4000BCE
- The 1978 movie, Halloween, was on such a tight budget, Mike Myers mask was actually a William Shatner Star Trek mask.
- Halloween is the highest grossing commercial holiday after Christmas
- “Witch,” actually comes from an old English word, “Wicce,” that means wise woman
- The first Jack-O-Lanterns were made out of turnips
- According to legend, if you see a spider on Halloween, it’s actually a loved one watching over you
- Over 90% of parents take some of their children’s candy
- Best tips I have for 🎃 carving
- Choose the right pumpkin. Make sure it has a sturdy stem( these last longer), is flat bottomed, and doesn’t have any damage
- Cut your top off at an angle
- Scoop all the goop out. And I mean all the goop
- You can actually cook and eat the pumpkin seeds 😋 My mom always did this
- When actually carving your pumpkins, use a safe clean surface, tools that fit your needs, and keep small children away from the tools and carving area. Also remember while carving take your time. Some people find it easier to carve while the pumpkin is on their lap. I prefer to carve, on a cutting board or table. Yet I cannot stress enough, please keep the children away from the tools and carving area. While the finished products are amazing, the actual process can be dangerous
- Use petroleum jelly to keep your pumpkin fresh
- Add a little cinnamon on the inside of your pumpkin lid, and this will make your pumpkin smell like pumpkin pie
- Tea lights are a great way to conserve the pumpkin along with creating a safe environment for a glowing Jack-O-Lantern. My hubby told me this one.
- You can also paint the pumpkin, use sharpies, or other crafty art supplies to decorate the pumpkin. Not everyone’s into carving and that’s ok
- Here are some pumpkins I have seen that I love.. whatever you choose it’ll be great!
I wish for all of you a day filled with all the right tools to make your days great and your Halloween spooktacular !
Much love ,